Receding gums is a mouth disease that primarily affects the gums of the mouth. This disease is a bacterial infection that produces very characteristic symptoms such as bleeding and inflammation. Many people ask “How to reverse receding gums from getting worse” because receding gums look not only damaged and unhealthy but also unattractive. In very extreme cases, the tissues that support the teeth (periodontal ligaments), are destroyed due to these infections and inflammations, and the teeth tend to detach themselves without subjection.
There is a type of gums disease in its most severe state, called Gingivitis and is characterized by bad breath, gums tissue and necrotic usual without notice bleeding.
This type of gums disease determines a very advanced state of the disease and with little chance of restoring the affected areas to their natural state.
What Are the Causes of receding gums disease?
The main cause of receding gums is plaque deposited on teeth over time. But do you know what the plate is? The plate which is so much talk in oral hygiene is a long – time accumulation of food debris, and saliva that creates a kind of colorless, sticky film that sticks in the visible base of the teeth, creating a rather unpleasant image.
- Plaque is a clear indication of poor hygiene, since after each meal if no teeth are cleaned, eventually the accumulation of food and other debris created this unpleasant plate.
- Over time, plaque will harden if not removed, turning into tartar, resulting in infection, inflammation, and redness of the gums.
- As time progresses, if the daily brushing of the teeth is not done, the bacteria from the food waste begin to act.
- This disease begins with gums irritation, that is, the area of the gums is initially irritated, which is not yet too extreme. The health of the mouth can still be restored with adequate hygienic treatment.
- In the extreme case of failure to remove the plaque, the disease can progress to the second stage, where irritation becomes a more serious infection that will affect the area of the bones (tooth socket) and the area of the periodontal ligaments.
- We can talk to periodontitis when we have reached this second phase of the disease, which causes large and irreversible damage to the bones supporting the teeth.
Click Now To Read More Gum Disease Receding Gums Treatment
Symptoms of Receding gums
The Gums Bleed: This is the most common symptom, although not all bleeding indicates gingivitis, you should always take into reason bleeding when brushing your teeth or even biting a piece of fruit or using floss.
Redness Of The Gums: If the color of your gums is not the usual pink and becomes a reddish color, even almost garnet or incarnate is a fairly indicative possible symptom of receding gums.
Sensitivity Gum Touch: Touching the gum noticed some tenderness, but does not feel pain.
Watch this video
Medical Treatment for Receding Gums
This periodontal disease does not produce a bone loss, but does inflammation and bleeding from the gums.
The diagnosis must be made by a dentist based on a clinical evaluation, after a complete periodontal examination. A dental hygienist can perform this examination, but a dentist can only interpret the diagnosis.
The periodontal examination consists of several steps:
- A visual examination
- Several x-rays
- Probing the gums to see how much damage is done to the periodontal area.
- Review of medical and dental records.
The dentist or oral hygienist has to check the degree of receding gums and check the amount of plaque that exists in the teeth of the patient affected by this disease.
When receding gums does not respond to the dentist's treatment, the case needs to be reviewed by a periodontist, who is the specialist in gum diseases and the bone surrounding the teeth.
Dentist's Treatment To Reverse Receding Gums
An important purpose of the treatment is to remove plaque and to reduce the number of bacteria in the mouth.
This treatment is necessary to be carried out by professionals, and in the majority of the cases, it is necessary to follow the treatment at home.
Some of the professional methods used to reduce plaque and bacterial production are:
- The root planing
- The cure
- Mouthwashes with chlorhexidine or hydrogen peroxide
- Floss or interdental brushes
- It should be noted that electric toothbrushes are much more effective than manual brushes when treating this disease, as it is more effective and removes more plaque.
- The ideal formula that helps remove plaque is a compound of several chemical compounds, which can be applied as toothpaste and mouthwash are:
- Mixture of thyme, menthol, eucalyptol and methyl salicylate
- Mouthwash based on hydrogen peroxide and fluoride free or those made from essential oils help to reduce receding gums.
- To control and eliminate the bacteria that create the gums infection, an antibiotic, fluoride free and non-alcoholic mouthwash may be used, containing some of these elements:
Reverse Receding Gums At Home
Toothpaste And Hand Brush
So far we have seen that the main enemy of oral health is the lack of hygiene, although there are other determining factors.
The best way to prevent the health of our mouth from worsening is the prevention of diseases, such as gingivitis, with a series of indications and daily advice to take into the story.
Maintain A Daily Hygienic Habit To Reverse Receding Gums
The first and most important indication is to maintain a daily hygienic habit, which consists of brushing the teeth after each meal, trying to extract the remains of food from between the teeth, helping with the dental floss, always trying not to damage the gums or produce bleeding with the use. There are several dental hygiene products on the market that will help keep your teeth clean and gums healthy, as well as a variety of toothpaste and anti-tartar mouthwashes. Mouthwashes are the ideal complement to brushing to remove all kinds of bacteria from the mouth and reverse receding gums naturally. Receding Gum On One Tooth Only
Nourished And Healthy Food
It is very important that both the teeth and gums or the jaw are nourished and healthy and the best way is through a diet rich in Vitamin D, especially. This vitamin provides benefits that will strengthen the gums. We must try to drink lots of fruit and vegetables, which provide the vitamins and proteins necessary to strengthen the components of the oral cavity. Avoid foods with excess sugar and if you consume them, try to brush your teeth later, to avoid the creation of bacterial plaque.
With visits to the dentist or dental hygienist, you can opt for deep professional cleanings, exams to rule out any type of oral disease and above all receive advice on care, cleaning and prevention.
How To Reverse Receding Gums Naturally?
Medical treatment is painful and pricey, but the all-natural method of therapy is comfortable and inexpensive.
Nature's Smile Gum Balm is the world’s best natural way to regrow receding gums without spending money on expensive gum implant treatment. Just brush twice a day using thick NS gum balm and see awesome results in a few weeks. Check out more about How to reverse receding gums from getting worse with NS gum balm visiting the official site: